Saturday, January 10, 2009

nursery details








wall art, done on white butcher paper by my uncle







homemade crib skirt, trying out the embroidery stitches on the sewing machine











ceiling decor




a few more birds, can be found here but I bought them here for mere pennies






framed art paper




counting cards detail




finished bird pillow inspired by this






Things are coming together in Baby's room. Half of it is taken up by the guest bed, which at the moment happens to be covered in projects that I am working on and boxes that I am going through, but the other half is looking rather sweet. We have had so much fun putting the room together. Parts of it are still rather hodgepodge-ey, but I think the idea that I originally had is finally coming through.
Along the way we had a few course shifts from the original plan:
  • The crib, originally brown wood, stayed brown wood even though we were going to paint it a creamy white. We may still re-paint it, but then again, the wood looks fine!
  • The recliner that we already had ended up being a much more comfortable chair for feeding Baby than the rocker that we found and recovered.

There are still a few things that need to be figured out or "found", such as, what are we going to use for a changing table? A dresser would be great - especially if it had shelf and drawer space. Also, the room doesn't quite seem tied together yet. I can't put my finger on it, but that little "something" just doesn't seem to be there. Maybe I'm too picky, or just have been working at it so long that I can't step back and admire. Anyone have an idea for how to bring it all together?


In the meantime, John and I are eagerly awaiting our Little One. We went to visit the mid-wife yesterday, and she was pleased at how we're growing! Baby is 34 weeks old, head down with her feet up. Those little feet are pretty active, too! They tend to find their way up under my ribs, making it a little tricky to bend over or get comfortable. Soon enough, though, I know I'll miss that feeling.






3 comments:

Teri Smillie said...

Oh Lizzie! I love all of your choices! I am looking forward to seeing you and all your creations on Monday! Think of some fun things to do.love ya, mom

Unknown said...

I think you should put some personal pictures up. Like the baby's ultrasound. And eventually the baby her(him) self. That would probably make it FEEL more persoal. <3 Sis

sogni dolci said...

It's the baby you need. She will tie it all together. ;) Also, really just getting all the baby stuff out and ready will feel better. Like when you get a changing table, the diapers out, your diaper bag hanging, boppy on the chair, etc etc. That will all help too, but I think it looks adorable!

Kat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive