Monday, January 05, 2009

champagne chicken


One of John's co-managers gave us a bottle of sparkling white wine (domestic Champagne) for Christmas ........ and I found an amazing recipe to use it in! Mom used to use the extra red wine "gifts" from Dad's farmer clients to make a grape jelly that had an amazing flavor. I thought of using the sparkling wine for something similar and realized that the flavor might be a bit odd. So, I chose a chicken dish instead. It's flavor is amazing: light, but still a little too complex to be considered comfort food - possibly a "company" dish? Wonderful when served with a baked potato and some salad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yum! I think I will give it a go.

Anna said...

I would probably not have made champagne chicken! Although I would like you to make me some!
I probably would have either shaken the bottle and sprayed it at John inside the apt, or I would have had a glass or two by a fire....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive