Tuesday, January 13, 2009

embodied worship


With eyes wide open to the mercies of God, I beg you, my brothers, as an intelligent act of worship, to give Him your bodies, as a living sacrifice, consecrated to Him and acceptable by Him.

Romans 12:1, Phillips

In pregnancy and childbirth, I do one of the most amazing physical feats humans can do: I present my body as a living sacrifice for the sake of creating by God's power another person. I would like to think this is how all sacrifice should feel in the religious life: the hurts don't go away, but eventually they make one glad. They are markers on that path to wonder.
Debra Rienstra
Great With Child, p. 89
Whatever, therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive