Wednesday, April 25, 2007

another final ...

My final for Public Speaking is ............... a speech. Surprise!
It is due tomorrow morning at 9:30, and I need to persuade my audience ......... hmm.
About what?
Hmm.

I think I will tackle consumer awareness.

And my argument will try to: persuade my audience of their need to be more aware of where their money is going and what causes they are supporting (roughly). Specifically pointing out that some of our money (unbeknown to us) is funding China's One Child Policy.

My teacher recommended that we speak on a subject that we have strong opinions about. I have a strong opinion regarding the U.N. and the U.S.A. supporting China's stance on human rights. I think it shouldn't be happening. It disgusts me that my money may be funding a forced abortion.

When I was researching my Sociology paper I found some rather credible articles critiquing the Ford corporation, as well as a few other large companies, and pointing out what some of their money was supporting. Now I just need to find those again .......... and write that speech!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Public speaking...that's me too. Except I have to give an impromptu about s subject that I know not what...
Your speech sounds interesting. I would like a copy of it. So if you have the time...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive