Friday, March 16, 2007

Psalm 16

I said to the LORD, "Thou art my Lord;
I have no good besides Thee." (see John 6:68)

The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied;
I shall not pour out their [idols'] libations of blood,
Nor shall I take their names upon my lips.

The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
Thou dost support my lot.

The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is
beautiful to me.

I have set the LORD continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is
glad and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will dwell securely.

For Thou wilt not abandon my soul to Sheol;
Neither wilt Thou allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay.

Thou
wilt make known to me the path of life;
In Thy presence is
fullness of joy;
In Thy right hand there are pleasures
forever.


verses 2, 4-6, 8-11

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive