Thursday, March 29, 2007

Trusting

Blessed be the LORD,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.
- Psalms 28:6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.
- Philippians 4:6-8

He knows my requests, He has heard, He will supply His peace.

... and [Abraham] went out, not knowing where he was going.
- Hebrews 11:8b
"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One Who is leading. It is a life of faith, not of intellect and reason, but a life of knowing Who makes us "go". The root of faith is the knowledge of a Person, and one of the biggest snares is the idea that God is sure to lead us to success.
...
"The life of faith is not a mounting up with wings, but a life of walking and not fainting. ... Abraham is not a type of sanctification, but a type of the life of faith, a tried faith built on a real God. 'Abraham believed God.' "
- oswald chambers, "my utmost for his highest", march 19

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive