Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blessing & Praise


I will extol Thee, my God, O King;
And I will bless Thy Name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless Thee,
And I will praise Thy Name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.
-Psalm 145:1-3



I will praise, I will bless His Name.
When everything is beautiful.
When darkness overwhelms.
When the light breaks forth again.
In joy.
In sorrow.
In plenty.
In want.
In dryness.
In freshness.
When I can't see His plan.
When He is blessing others.
When He seems not to see me.
When He reveals Himself to be faithful.
When He shows Himself true.
When He shows His righteousness.
When He shows His beauty.
When He gives.
And, yes, when He takes away.
I will praise Him.

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful/
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place/
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out/I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord/
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name/
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me/
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name/On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering/
Blessed be Your name

You give and take away/You give and take away
My heart will choose to say/
Lord, blessed be Your name

-Matt Redman, "blessed be your name" from Where Angels Fear To Tread

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive