Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday To You ...

Anna Genette Jacobsen

Anna's birthday was yesterday. She turned 19.
19 years of Anna's life, some bittersweet, but all wonderful, and I am thankful for every moment.
Watching her grow up (it sounds so odd to say that, I am only 20 months her senior) physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally has taught me alot. In many ways I look up to her (and not just because she happens to be 3 1/2 inches taller). She has walked through valleys so deep that I cannot see myself ever being in them, and she has come through with a strong and glorious faith. She is far from perfect, and knows it very well, but has an incredibly strong desire to grow ever more like Christ. And she really knows how to have fun (she just might be the camp counselor who helped your daughter put Vaseline on the door knobs). I can hardly wait to see the kind of woman she might be in five years ...



We celebrated tonight with presents and a chocolate cake that Julia made (from scratch - it was very good). "A good time was had by all."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Anna!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive