Thursday, May 13, 2010

heavenly yearnings



"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy , the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -c.s. lewis

We are made for another world, for eternity
The imperfections of these present days are going to pass away, and someday - "soon" - we will be in the perfection of eternity. The heaps of dishes, of laundry and projects waiting to be fixed are, at their core, reminders that we are created to glorify God forever. 
Long ago there was sin and temptation and we are dealing with the sin and "brokenness" that came from that everyday. But, Someday .........

We can start practicing for it today.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I was feeling something similar yesterday--and today marks six months exactly since Gramma went to Heaven. Can you just IMAGINE what she is doing???? I think about Heaven a lot more these days.....

I loved your post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive