Wednesday, April 21, 2010

poem for today, part II



As I was thinking about it yesterday, I came to realize that this poem is (or can be) about more than romantic love (which is what I thought of when I first read it, when I made the page in the album I gave John, and every time I've seen it since then ... until yesterday).
It can be about being a parent, too.
Because it's true.
It's true about love in marriage and love in parenting.
It's an incredible and wonderful thing that God enables us to love our children more and more each day.
And it's a really good thing, too, since, even though we love our children enormously on the day they are born, every extra little bit of love is needed on days when they've been grumpy since they got up and nothing will pacify or get them to snap out of it and you are about to cry yourself (not that we are having one of "those" days, not at all).

Today less than tomorrow ....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive