Thursday, April 15, 2010

free coffee and stewardship

Darcie's post - all things to enjoy ... richly - got me to thinking about that verse. I had to get out a concordance to find it, though! Our wonderful God has given us all things, for us to enjoy! So amazing.

Starbucks is giving away cups of coffee today. They are trying to promote Earth Day and respect for our environment, so if you bring in a reusable mug they will fill it with free coffee. Nice! I love free coffee!

I appreciate it when businesses offer incentives for people who are trying to be good stewards of what God has entrusted them with. At the same time, though, I try to remember that we are commanded to master the Earth (Genesis 1:28-30), not the other way around. It can be so easy to develop selfish and wasteful habits, but it is also easy to lose focus and allow our efforts to be good stewards to rule us.

So, if you are out and about today and would like a little pick-me-up, take a thermos into Starbucks and enjoy some free coffee as you save a paper cup.


"Instruct those who are rich in this present world [as Americans, we are wealthy, even if our income is below the poverty level] not to become conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy."
-I Timothy 6:17

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive