Monday, May 11, 2009

mother's day 2009



family of three, originally uploaded by Lizi Beth.


'Twas a lovely day. I felt so loved and honored all day long.


John made me breakfast in bed and entertained Emma so that I could sleep another hour (not sure which gift I appreciated more!). They gave me a bouquet of roses, a gift certificate for a pedicure and a frame for a picture of Emma.




Emma had "encouraged" us to start our day a few hours earlier than planned, so we had time to leisurely enjoy our coffee together before heading off to church.


Afterwards we hurried home to make put the furniture back in place (John cleaned the carpet yesterday - thank you Darling!) and make lunch for family who had phoned to let us know that they would be arriving slightly ahead of schedule - by two hours!

Lunch turned out great, and we had a wonderful afternoon visiting with them all - John's mom Teri, sister Sarah and brother Brian, brother's fiancee Leah and her sister Esther. They were returning from a road trip for Brian's graduation from Liberty University with a master's degree in (international?) business.
John and I finished the evening by reading together as the light was fading ... and finishing off the rest of the cheesecake. :)

Here's a sweet tribute - of sorts - to motherhood that I heard on NPR: At My Place, Every Day Is Mother's Day





I hope you all had a beautiful day celebrating your own mothers - or being celebrated!













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive