Friday, September 14, 2007

What are you left with when we part?

What do I encourage you to? Experience God's grace and glory, know His love? I hope so.


I feel quite sure - if I did my best - I could maybe impress you
With tender words, and the harmonies, a clever rhyme or two.
But if all I've done in the time we've shared is turn your eyes on me,
Then I've failed in what I've been called to do.
There's someone else I want you to see.

Will you love Jesus more when we go our different ways?
When this moment is a memory, will you remember His face?
Will you look back and realize you sensed His love,
More than you did before?
I pray for nothing less than for you to love Jesus more.

I'd like to keep these memories in frames of gold and silver
And reminisce a year from now about the smiles we've shared.
But above all else I hope you will come to know the Father's love
And when we see the Lord face to face
You'll hear Him say, "Well done."

I pray for nothing less than for you to love Jesus more.

"will you love Jesus more?" - by shawn craig and john manderville


I know this song has been sung many times, by many people, but tonight it is true of me. I pray that your encounters with me, however brief, may lead you to love Jesus more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive