Sunday, September 16, 2007

tea & roses


I stayed home from church this morning because I have a cold (a miserable one, that I really don't want to share). Instead, I took a nap. I listened to U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind and the Newsboys Go and Devotion. I enjoyed a cup of tea. And took a picture of it. I read some from The Ragamuffin Gospel. I picked my roses. And relaxed. Was quiet. Even though I feel terrible today, I actually had a wonderful morning.


"When you look at the world
What is it that you see?
People find all kinds of things
That bring them to their knees"
-"When I Look At The World", U2

"What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things"
-"Grace", U2


"In essence, there is only one thing God asks of us - that we be men and women of prayer, people who live close to God, people for whom God is everything and for whom God is enough." The Ragamuffin Gospel, chp II, by Brennan Manning

"That is his call to us - simply to be people who are content to live close to him and to renew the kind of life in which the closeness is felt and experienced." - Thomas Merton

I wanna start it over
I wanna start again
I want a new a new beginning
One without any end
It's a voice that whispers my name
It's a kiss without any shame
Something beautiful
Like a song that stirs in my head
Singing love will take us where
Something's beautiful
I've heard it in the silence
Seen it on a face
I've felt it in a long hour
Like a sweet embrace
I know this is true
It's calling out to me
It's the child on her wedding day
It's the daddy that gives her away--Father
Something beautiful
When we laugh so hard we cry
It's the love between you and I
Something beautiful
-
"Something Beautiful", Newsboys




...I hunger for the daily bread of Your ways
Ah, the bread of Your ways
They glow like blue in a field of black
Illuminating the runway ahead
I love to follow the angel tread of Your ways
Ah, the tread of Your ways
And when I tire, they bring a second wind
A word in season, a gleam in Your eye...
I need Your good word speaking
When there's nothing to say
I need Your Spirit here
Breathing on me every day
Every night I need Your love's pure light
And I've learned forever to trust
Ever to follow
Ever I'll praise Your everlasting ways
I love Your ways, Your true, Your perfect ways
I love Your ways, so beautiful to me
Lovely always, and faithful to restore
I love Your ways
-
"I Love Your Ways", Newsboys




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive