Thursday, September 20, 2007

"If I Had to Live My Life Over Again"


I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded. I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains. I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime. When my child kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now get washed up for dinner." There would have been more I love yous, more I'm sorrys, but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute, look at it, really see it, live it, and never give it back.

-erma bombeck


Today I am trying to enjoy the moments as they come and revel in them, from the sunrise to the ironing, from dividing bulbs to smelling the rain to saying - and hearing - "I love you". Because each one of these moments is a gift straight from my Father, and none will ever be repeated. Ever.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive