Sunday, September 09, 2007

Letting Go, Laying Down

The secret of life is letting go
The secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do
In all that I say
Right here in this moment

The power of prayer is in a humble cry
The power of change is in giving my life
I’m laying it down
Down at your feet
Right here in this moment

Take my heart
Take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all this is within me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone
Completely

The journey of life is a search for truth
This journey of faith is following you
Every step of the way
Through the joy and the pain
Right here in this moment

Right here, right now, and for the rest of my life
Hear me say

I am yours and yours alone
Completely

-"completely" by Ana Laura


It is the surrendering part that I have difficulty with.
I can love, realizing that I only love as I come to know the fullness Christ's love for me.
God does a pretty good job of keeping me humble, too.
It is the letting go, the laying down, and the moment-by-moment surrendering of all of me - all that I love, long for, desire - to all of Him - all that He loves, all that He has for me - that brings me to my knees. Because it is hard. I cannot do it alone.
But it is also in the surrender that He is glorified. It is when He has complete and absolute control that the glory shines through and I am most like Christ.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive