Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ways

And all the trees of the field will know that I am the LORD; I bring down the high tree, exalt the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will perform it.
- Ezekiel 17:24

Yet you say, "The way of the LORD is not right." Hear now, O house of Israel! Is my way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right?
- Ezekiel 18:25

His ways are not our ways. Would I wish to cause a green tree to dry up? I don't know, and I rather doubt it, but the LORD is sovereign and omniscient, and His ways are higher than ours. The LORD knows things I do not, and comprehends things I cannot dream of (actually they were His idea in the first place). He sees the past, present, and the future, and He rules supreme as Judge over it all.
His plans for our lives are good, full of hope even if they seem dark. The LORD does work all things out for the good for those who love Him.
King David often questioned the "whys of God's ways", but he never said that the LORD's way was wrong. Do I dare do otherwise, especially when Israel was rebuked for that attitude?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive