Sunday, January 13, 2008

holy desire

I am still reading through the Old Testament, and I am currently making my way through Zechariah.
Something that continues to amaze me - though it should hardly be a surprise, it has been reiterated so many times - is how much God blatantly and passionately desires us. He wants an intimate, heart-to-heart, being-to-Being relationship with us, sharing all that we are and never being separated. He will even move Heaven and Earth if the end result will be that He is the Object of our adoration.
He never ceases to yearn over His people, even when they will not acknowledge Him. Simply imagine His joy and delight when we focus all of our desires on Him.


"'I', declares the LORD, 'will be a wall of fire around [Jerusalem], and I will be the glory in her midst.'" (2:5)

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Behold, I am going to save My people from the land of the east and from the land the west; and I will bring them back, ... and they will be My people and I will be their God in truth and righteousness.'" (8:7-8)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive