Sunday, January 28, 2007

Something Beautiful


I wanna start it over
I wanna start again
There's a new beginning
One without any end
I feel it inside
Calling out to me

It's a voice that whispers my name
It's a kiss without any shame
Something beautiful
Like a song that stirs in my head
Singing love will take us where
Something's beautiful

I've heard it in the silence
Seen it on a face
I've felt it in a long hour
Like a sweet embrace
I know this is true
It's calling out to me

It's a voice that whispers my name
It's a kiss without any shame
Something beautiful
Like a song that stirs in my head
Singing love will take us where
Something's beautiful

It's the child on her wedding day
It's the daddy that gives her away--Father
Something beautiful
When we laugh so hard we cry
It's the love between you and I
Something beautiful

- the newsboys


Life is beautiful.

Think about that for a minute or two. Ponder it and let it sink into your heart. Beautiful.

Why? Because God is. He is, always was, always will be, and He is beautiful.

If that is not enough for you, He created us to crave beauty, to crave Him.
Beauty was His idea (any wonder that we find it so captivating?). And when we find it, we are awestruck. The beauty in life can make my heart ache and bring tears to my eyes - it can also make me laugh to the point of breathless tears, so hard that it hurts.
Seeing beauty, letting it seep into me, brings deep satisfaction as well as a desire for more.
This desire pushes and pulls us toward the only One who is truly beautiful.
This desire reminds me that this world is not our home, we were made for one of perfection. It is beautiful.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights, Who does not change like shifting shadows."
- James 1:17

Something beautiful.

Even when we are inclined to differ with this, when we see the ugliness and evil that the world holds, it does not change the fact that God is.
Genocide is a fact. But God is.
People rape and murder, but God is.
Cancer happens, but God is.
Nations war against each other, killing the bright flower of youth and innocence, but God is.
The earth groans, but God is.

And He is beautiful.

Why does He allow the world to suffer? I do not know, I do not understand, but I can trust Him. Because He is, and He is good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive