Tuesday, February 02, 2010

feminine prettiness

Back in November, when Emma and I went to California to visit Gramma and the rest of the family, Mom pulled out a few of Gramma's old hats that she used to wear to her ladies' meetings. We tried them on, Gramma wearing a lovely royal blue feather one for quite a while.
It added a bit of lovely fun-ness to an otherwise emotion filled day.

Anyway, all that to say, I really like those pretty little hats. They're not the sun hat type, not meant to protect you in any way, just to be pretty.
My head is a tad bigger than most womens' (apparently), and I have had a hard time finding any type of hat that will fit (and it's not the hair that gets in the way - the hats really won't fit).

I stumbled upon this veil this evening, and it was so pretty.




Kind of expensive since it is a bridal veil, but so lovely. I would love to wear it to church ...

I don't want to stand out or distract anyone from worshipping (having them wondering why the redhead is wearing a veil when they should be pondering other things is not my intention!) or anything, but it would be pretty. And oh, so feminine. Wonder if I could pull it off?

image from onelittledove

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if you could pull it off... maybe. I'm not sure any one could besides on your wedding day... but it is GORGEOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive