Saturday, March 01, 2008

Starbucks - The Way I See It #268

"Music is what I always turn to when I'm feeling a certain way. It's my reason for everything."
-Josh Groban


Yup, "what I always turn to when I feel a certain way". "My reason for everything". Mhmm. Right. "Everything." Well, maybe, but maybe not.
Music. What is it? The lilt that is in your heart when gladness washes over you, the quietness that is there when you are too exhausted for anything, the exultation - and weeping, at the same time - that is there when you love someone?
That is my reason for everything? Hmm.

Music is also the sound that rises in me in response to an incredible God; when I am so overwhelmed by Him that I can't even pray, there is a sound. Music.


1 comment:

Anna said...

Music has such a way with our souls. Often I wish I had something bigger than a voice to sing with, and then I remember I have my hands, my mind, my feet, and my will. The best song, for me, never leaves my lungs. It is changing my "no" to a "yes"...
Singing to him is so satisfying!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive