Saturday, February 02, 2008

thoughts from a funeral


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Now there is in store for me the crown that is righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all that who have longed for his appearing.

II Timothy 4:7


Am I fighting the good fight? Am I running the race? Am I keeping the faith? Will those who look on my life be spurred to love Christ more, revel in the freedom of the grace that He offers and joy in the wonder of the life that they have yet to live, both here on Earth and in Heaven? Oh, that they might.
I desire my life to do all that and more. I want others to be truly blessed by me and the days that I have spent. I want to bring them Joy. I want to bring them Rest, Peace, Comfort, Laughter, and a desire to experience a Greater Beauty than their souls can fathom. I want to stir up an insatiable hunger and longing for the Pure and Holy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive