Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Learning A Little Bit More

Oh, the past few days/weeks have been full of decisions about the wedding. And I have been learning a bit more. Surprised? I was.

It has been absolutely wonderful to see the things that I have dreamed about for years come into being. It has also been like getting a pail of ice water being dumped on my head. Why? Because I have had to come face-to-face with the fact that dreams are not reality. There have been some rather tear-filled days, and other days of apathy. I had a very childish attitude, and am still trying to get over it. I had the whole "if I can't have it my way, then nothing matters" attitude, as well as the "but it has to be perfect!!! Why can't it be perfect?!!".
But you know what? I have been learning that God really does have something special going on here, and that something has much more to do with a woman, a couple, and marriage that rely on Him for their strength and give Him glory than it has to do with a "perfect" day.

He wants us to have joy, but most of all He wants us to delight in Him as we delight in each other.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive