Wednesday, November 28, 2007

learning from my sister

Sometimes you learn the most from the one you used to teach. Last night Anna - my little sister - wrote about hope. She expressed wonderfully some of the things that I have been feeling, but unable to say. Her words also brought conviction:

"When my desires are disappointed, it becomes apparent that the fault does not lie in others, but in my own heart."

When have my desires been disappointed recently? Oh, yesterday (or was it this morning?). The root of that disappointment was in my own heart. My own childish and immature heart.

"When I place heavy expectations on others to satisfy my needs, not only do I wrong them, but I also starve myself of what God desires to freely give." She is right. God designed me to be satisfied in Him, Him alone. Nothing else even comes close, and that is very, very good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive