Friday, October 26, 2007

Rivers



Posted by Picasa



At last they turned into their bunks in the cart; and Toad, kicking out his legs, sleepily said, "Well, good night you fellows! This is the real life for a gentleman! Talk about your old river!" "I don't talk about my river," replied the patient Rat. "You know I don't, Toad. But I think about it," he added ... in a lower tone. "I think about it - all the time!"
- The Wind In The Willows, chp 2 "The Open Road", by Kenneth Grahame
I may not talk about the things that are on my heart, but I think about them. Oh, I think about them!
Just because you may not hear about it does not mean that I do not care. I probably care more than you ever dreamed or realized. Remember, the surface of the river may appear to be smooth and still, but underneath there are strong and powerful currents.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive