Sunday, October 07, 2007

psalm 139

Lord you read my very heart
You who know the least thing
You who see me from afar
Sleeping or arising
Lord before me and behind
Infinite and ageless
Such a knowledge is too high
I cannot attain it

If to heaven I would fly
You would be beside me
If in Sheol I would lie
Even there You'd find me
If I fled on morning wings
Far beyond the gray sea
Even there Your hand would lead
Your right hand would guide me

In the secret of the womb
I was formed and molded
By Your skillful hand alone
Wonderfully woven
You have numbered all my days
Long before You gave them
In the pages of Your book
They have all been written

High and wondrous are Your thoughts
Vast beyond all telling
If I count them they grow more
I can never grasp them
Search me God and know my heart
Let evil never find me
Lead me on Your righteous path
Sure and everlasting

-"Psalm 139", by Fernando Ortega

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive