Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Will Lift My Eyes

I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from the mountains?
No, my strength comes from God, Who made heaven and earth, and mountains.
-Psalm 121:1-2

God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs You now
God, be near, calm my fear
And take my doubt

Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in

I will lift my eyes to the Maker
Of the mountains I can’t climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
Of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
Of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You

God, my God, let Mercy sing
Her melody over me
God, right here all I bring
Is all of me

‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
The Lover I need to save me
‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
So hold me now

-bebo norman
i will lift my eyes

We are wrapping up this year, and quickly too.
I look back on the high points, and the low points, of this year and I realize over and over again how much I need a Savior every day. I just can't live this life on my own.
If I try, well, that's where some of the low points of this year came from. I just can't.
God, thank You. Thank You for being. For being Father, Lover, Savior, Teacher, Wisdom, Healer, the One Who Provides both discipline and comfort, and everything. You have brought me through when there seemed to be no way. You have set my feet in a course that I did not dream of.
You have been good.
Thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive