Friday, December 29, 2006

Freedom

Freedom - a word that evokes many emotions.
A thing can be free, no price attached, or free from restraints. An animal can be free, wild, or free, outside of its boundaries. A nation can be free, a place can have a free feeling, and a person can be free. A person can be free in body (no physical, environmental, or health constraints), free in spirit, and free from condemnation.
Most amazingly, a person can be free in spirit and soul even while their body is in bondage.
. . .
Through You the blind will see
Through You the mute will sing
Through You the dead will rise
Through You our hearts will praise
Through You the darkness flees
Through You my heart screams 'I am free'
I am free
I am free to run
I am free to dance
I am free to live for You
I am free
Yes, I am free
-the newsboys
I Am Free
. . .
If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
-John 8:36
. . .
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
-Galatians 5:1
. . .
...creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
-Romans 8:21
. . .
When He comes there shall be no more bondage, no more death, no more sorrow, no more pain (see Rev. 21).
. . .
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly."
Amen. Come, LORD Jesus.
-Revelation 22:20

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive