Monday, August 31, 2009

I have been remiss


Do you remember the Scripture Memory Challenge?
Well ................ I haven't done too well at it recently.

The last time I posted a memory verse was way back in June. There have been some verses memorized since then, I just haven't signed in or posted them. So I have some catching up to do. Especially considering the fact that it was my one resolution this year!

So here are a few that I memorized this summer (i studied Philippians with a group of women, so some of these were assigned - having a deadline for memorization can be so helpful!):

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
phil 1:21

For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.
phil 1:29

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for Whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ.
phil 3:7-8

and the one I am currently working on:
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
Titus 2:4-5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archive